Originally Posted by FreeMe

I certainly don't think you should change. I used to do much the same, but at some point I got uncomfortable with the daily loading/unloading. Part of the issue for me has to do with my lack of routine sleep schedule. Part of it waa I was going through more factory ammo than I cared to (since I usually tossed the chamber round in the range ammo bucket). I prefer to use a gun I am not currently carrying but has the same trigger system for routine dry-fire practice. I know that I have to practice more care than some to avoid accidents. Witness, my hand. I shouldn't have just thrown that out there with no explanation.

Mojo - nothing crazy about it. You do what is right for you.

Makes sense. I like the daily manipulation of my handguns; keeps me frosty.

I developed some habits from being a bodyguard that I can't seem to shake even though such habits really make no sense anymore. The habit of frequently swapping carry guns. I did that when I was doing EP because it wasn't uncommon that I would find myself boarding a plane in the middle of the day, having to leave my carry gun behind, then getting a loaner on the other side; and God knows what that will be.

So I always trained with as many different guns as I could get my hands on so I was proficient in the manual of arms for pretty much everything. Now it has just become habit. I kinda like the challenge at the range of someone tossing a gun in my holster and in the time it takes for me to clear leather and present, see if I can figure out which gun I'm pulling; and will I get it right and make it go bang.

These days I have 6 handguns that I swap between...doesn't make a whole lot of sense to anyone but me (and even doesn't make much sense to me), but it's a "skill" I attained at the cost of a LOT of practice, and I kinda don't want to lose it.