It really looks just like these on gunbroker except the wood isn't as nice as these two. It does have that same rather bleached out look to it. On mine it looks like they got too close to a knothole on the comb. Definitely not the rich dark brown of the pic on Ruger's website but that appears to be the case with all recent Ruger #1's I've seen in ads or in person at stores.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=556733026
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=557119804

The good news is that it does shoot. I managed to get out for about 45 minutes early last week before the gales picked up and shot four groups with the Hornady 150 gr. Spire Point and 57, 58 and 59 grains of H4350, plus 44 grains of IMR4895.

44.0 IMR4895, 2485 fps, 4 shots into .706". I use either 44 or 46 grains with a 150 gr. bullet in all my .30-06 rifles for practice/plinking rounds and it is a pleasant shooting and very accurate load in all of them.
57.0 H4350, 2884 fps, 4 shots into .602". This one was actually exceptionally nice. Three shots into the same hole, .092", then me being among the ten worst bench rest shooters in the world I threw the 4th shot out to that .602" measurement.
58.0 H4350, 2941 fps, 3 shots into .512" and I threw a bad flyer 2" low.
59.0 H4350, 2989 fps. wind was picking up and I double grouped that one, two pairs of two shots touching at about 1 1/4" total.

No stringing tendencies with any load, they were all fairly random in distribution. Recoil with the 59.0/H4350 wasn't bad at all since the rifle with scope weighs 8 lbs 12 oz. It has a fairly short throat, the 150 Hornady seated .020" off the lands is seated so the case mouth is just at the bottom of the cannelure.

Overall, Ruger #1's do shoot but the wood, while okay, isn't anything to write home about.

One other thing to note which probably doesn't affect too many people. I plan (maybe "planned" past tense at this point in time) on mounting an XS peep sight which mounts into the two rear rib screws. When the rifle came out of the box those screws come out easily enough. But the rear scope mount scallops are right even with the rear rib screw, and after mounting the rings tightly it squeezes the rib in so that it's almost impossible to remove that soft metal screw with the tiny allen wrench that is used for it.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!