I love just about all 35s, but stout 358Ws do as much as I'd ever care to do with a Whelen, unless I went to a heavier rifle. I have '06s and other stuff, and if I used a Whelen for primitive in MS and LA, I'd probably AI it and load it mild....just to stave off single shot headspace issues and save my shoulder on deer and hogs....hence my love for the 358 in ALL....single shots, levers, and bolts. When I can run 225s and 250s to 2400+ from a .358, a Whelen ain't gonna get me much gain for the increased pain. JMO. 358 has less body taper and a better shoulder, naturally, but factory loads from Hornady and Winchester are a tad mild, like the Whelen. I load some stiffer/more appropriate stuff, but I have some double tap 250s someone on here sent me, that promise 2425fps, on the box. I'll probably put a pad on and burn them for the brass....the longer 200-225s will do as much as I foresee a need for. If I was shooting moose/elk/Griz past 200 all the time, it might be worth it. Everyone should have one good .35....no matter how much you'll hear about some 30 being jet as good or more versatile. Who gives a chit? I ain't in it to limit the # of triggers I can pull, just because of some practical ballistics argument for having less guns based on their 'versatility'. A 158gr HP at 3k plus, upside a coyote's head is damned fun. Versatile? Could be.