The Marksman isn't nearly as good as an A5 for felt recoil reduction and it's tough to beat a vertical grip for finite control when MPAJ engagement scenarios rule the day. The Rem Hunter and Sako Varmint slap the Marksman silly,for like reason. Hell...even an Old School A2 is a VERY Bad Bitch,when talking #5 or greater like the others I cited.

A5 wearing 1" Decelerator and fixedtitude,is as good as things get.

[Linked Image]

A2's dont suck,wearing a 1" Decelerator and no furniture.

[Linked Image]

A3's ain't horrid,but prefer the '2 and the A5 of course over all things A-Series.

[Linked Image]

The McHale do alotta schit right,but ain't a good 700 fit,unfortunately.

Got sidetracked here,chasin' Critters and need to slow my roll and take time to inlet The Blue Angel for a S/A 700 wearin' PT&G Stealth DBM. Never seen anyone configure one so and think it'll arrange nice things for a Play Toy. Was thinking MTU-esque 1-8" no-turn 6BR,but fell into a MDT LSS chassis on accident yesterday and will go #3-ish at no more than 20" in it,for a "heavy" 6BR to compliment the Baby Montucky chambered same.

[Linked Image]

If/when talking #5-ish contours,I can like DBM's quite a bit as they allow nice thangs in target rich environments,as well as a Skookum means of carrying extry ammo quietly. In 223,223AI,270 and 6BR the MDT poly 10rd Herd Clips are VERY nice and easy on brass too,which will spoil a guy. I tend to drive AM steel 5-rounders as a default,but having a herd of Herd Clips ain't a concession. The AICS 10rd poly's convert nicely to 6BR,though an added fastener in the stern,below the casehead,is a good move to keep 'em from spreading/failing at the mould line seam. MDT's are VASTLY superior in that regard.

[Linked Image]

The 6x47 Lapooey wouldn't piss me off,but when talking increased barrel contours/mass...the Herd is callin'.(grin)

I'm on a 6x45(270) kick here lately and am groovin' on the logistics,miserly powder appetite and simply sensational Precision. My Itty-Bitty is an 18.5" Bartlein contour dupe wearing less shank,on a Montucky and The Big Nasty is a Benchmark 1-7.75" MTU 19.5",both cited prior. They'll both reliably blow minds,when granted opportunity to stretch the Sig Kilo LRF's legs and correlate POA/POI intersections several zipcodes away. Both have the means to reach well beyond a mile and that fhuqks with heads. Was gunning the wind yesterday on 900yd steel and extrapolating 105'Max,Hornie HPBT's and HighBirds...with the Hornie HPBT reliably stealing the show. That boolit is a SNEAKY Bitch!

I shoot a coupla .243" bores,all of which is in High Zoot Custom Rifles and the 270 is really rather sumptin' else.

[Linked Image]

Tough to beat a short barrel and dick nothing ES/SD,conjoined with sinister dope and 40 or so mils of erector travel,with 10 more laying in wait on the windshield.

Seen it.................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."