BobinNH et al are correct. Those of us who care about such things are becoming fewer each day. I only have three pre 64s, so I do not consider myself a collector. I have several older Brownings. about fifteen years ago,I took a '63 copy of a Superposed Pigeon Grade twenty to the shop for a new pin. The dealer offered me $6500 to leave it with him. No way! However, today I doubt that it would fetch 4K. A couple of years ago, I bought a minty hand engraved BAR Gd III on GB for a little over $1300. I thought the gun would go for 18-19 perhaps and had submitted an automatic bid capped at 15. GdII s were selling around 11-12.

The new crop of shooter seems to be mostly into plastic, laminate, stainless or flat finished stuff. If you can't pick it up at Academy, Wally World, or Dicks for a song, forget about it.

Luck in disposing of your friend's books. I dispersed an estate for a family member a while back. I was literally years getting the right money for a high grade rifle, but it finally happened.

jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero