Originally Posted by SKane
Jeff,
A year or two ago, there was a guy on here asking questions ad nauseam about scopes. He had only used one brand of scope in his hunting career and he
ended up trying a Meopta. Shortly after receiving it, with a mere two scope brands/models under his belt - sure as the sun rising in the east, death and taxes, he's Johnny-on-the-spot in trumping Meopta.

My long route in getting to; don't be that guy.

smile I hear ya.

But now I am forced to say, I have owned and used 4 Burris', a half dozen Zeiss, a Swarovski, and a small herd of Leupolds.... as well as some other stuff not pertinent to this. Spun turrets in volume on the Leupold, Zeiss, and Swaro. Used two different types of Leup turrets. Two types of Zeiss turrets. Used range-compensating reticles on Leup's and Zeiss as well. Now I have a Nightforce NXS and am plotting another NF or two.

My opinion isn't based on one model or brand of scope. It's based on dicking around with mid-level scopes for a long freaking time and hitting the limitations inherent in them. It's based on doing numerous scope tests in the last 6 months to pound it into my thick skull that yes, that level of scope has some inherant mechanical imprecision and yes, it WILL show up in your shooting if you dial 'em. Depending on how rigorous the OP wants to be with his LR pursuits he might be happy as a clam with any of his stated options. But for VX6 or HDS coin he has other options that would likely make him happiER if, again, he's really gonna do this stuff to a high level of precision.

No? If you disagree let's talk. I'm listening.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!