I like Zeiss glass on rifle scopes it seems better to my eyes than competitive models and even superior models of scope. The Z 6&800 reticles are way to busy for a woods rifle in my opinion. The plain Zplex, I think it is #20 is perfect to my eye for all around including woods at lower magnifications.

If at all possible my goal hunting is not to have to adjust my scope in any way because rushing and adrenaline are good causes of screw-ups in the field. If I have to touch something it is simpler for me to crank the magnification all the way to make my reticle accurate and I can do that without losing sight of the animal. Inside 400 yards with a 7 RM neither the turret or reticle are necessary. I have enjoyed ringing gongs at 800 yards with the Z800 and the added confidence I have at longer ranges isn't something I plan to give up but there is a trade off. To me adjusting with a turret makes perfect sense for target shooting and not much sense in the field because it is one more thing to potentially go wrong. Just making sure the darn safety is off is challenging enough with a nice bull in sight.