Jarod,

You didn't state what you will be reloading. A single stage press will meet most of your needs. If you load 50BMG, not all presses fit the bill. Depending on the starter kit, you may out grow it pretty quick. If you plan on reloading 223, 308, 45ACP, 9MM, basically any semi-auto, you may want to look at a progressive press.

Lots of good advice/posts above, here some more input:

If you are not sure this this may be your cup of tea, check out the For Sale thread on this site; Offer Up or some other online used site. Gun shows vendors IMO tend to over charge.

Start a Log. Whether you use a note book, spreadsheet, database, or some other app, record your load development. Take photos.

Set rules for yourself.
1) I never reload / fire a piece of brass more than 5 times.

2) I never mix brass and firearms. The life of my brass stays with one rifle. Each 30-06 has its lot of brass.

3) I keep my reloads in lots. I track the use of each lot

4) If a variable changes (rifle, bullet, brass manufacture, primer), I redo my load development. Its usually pretty close but safe to do especially if you are toward the top of the load range.

5) I always use at least two sources for loading data. Data from a powder manufacture and data from the bullet manufacture.

6) Take my time. Remember your building a bomb. It may take me an hour to neck size and load 20 pieces of brass but I can get half MOA at 100. Patience and Prudence are the two ladies of reloading.

7) I keep my work area isolated to just the rounds I am reloading. The only powder, bullets, primer, and brass at the bench is the one I'm using at the time. All other variables are put away

8) I weight each charge twice (2 different scales). Ok this is probably over board but remember I said these are my rules for myself.

I got into reloading to save money. I found that I shoot more and enjoy shooting even more with my reloads. My preferred 30-06 hunting load (130gr Barnes TTX 55grs of Varget) cost me $0.98 a reload. Switch to 150 Sierra Game Kings and I'm around $0.56 a reload. And I would hunt with that load. My 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser loads are much less expensive then any factory box. You'll find your loads are much more accurate then a factory's one-round-fits-all round and you'll have fun.

HaYen

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can