Originally Posted by Rye77
Dave,

To this day, I still find it hard to breathe. I still think of him so often, I can't even bring myself to remove his number from my phone.

In respect to the VA Claim, I am greatly saddened I couldn't do more to help her with that. I really am.I called everyone I could find, spoke to them all. I honestly feel like I let you both down.

We tend to be a result oriented society

And somehow we tend to lose the value of try

Recently on this board there was a discussion on the fate of some brave souls left abandoned to a horrible fate in Benghazi

Folks with knowledge of such matters debated whether those men could have been saved by deploying various resources to their aid.

All I know is nada happens for the good if we don't try

Many a child hold fond memories of a dad or mom that busted hump their entire lives by trying to provide a better life for their children only to never have the financial success they sought

I'd ask is their love less than the child for their parent than the child that was raised in privilege & comfort of the well to do of their parent?

Not ime

Can we make the grief of a parent go away when they've lost a son or daughter? No sadly we cannot, but we can comfort them somewhat by our clumsy expressions of condolences, preparing a delivered meal to them and our shared tears that they are not alone or forgotten in this moment of the greatest despair human existence has to offer.

In athletic competitions those that live in our memories are those great contests where both teams try desperately to win Only one will be victorious but how is their contest remembered if not for both of them trying with all their might and will to overcome the other? Blowouts and slaughters don't live in our memories as fondly as those contests that take us to the wire with hope & expectation.

You may have not won the battle to secure benefits for the survivor of your warrior friend Rye77 against a faceless, nameless bureaucracy this time, but by god you tried!

And for that I salute you and will tell you unequivocally you've earned my respect & I wouldn't know you if you walked up on my porch this very minute.

Outcomes are only guaranteed in one instance. If we don't try we are certain to fail.

May God bless those that try in this world. Their success in trying is never a gurarantee, but the love and respect of those they try for is.

From the bottom of mine & many others hearts here that value the sacrifices and efforts of those that try & keep our country safe through their service to our country, we deeply thank your for your efforts to secure the benefits due to this fallen warrior for his family.

God bless you son & thank you

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 05/27/16.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.