Was shipped a scoped rifle from Tenn last week through Fed-ex. I was at receiving dealer ten minutes after it was dropped off. Was shipped in a hard plastic foam lined Plano case inside a cardboard box. Hole punched through the cardboard and the box end compressed. The scope front third was snapped off at the front mount. I immediately called Fed-ex customer service claims. I was advised that I could file a claim myself with proper documentation of loss. I sent photos of damage, photos of gun/scope box label, shippers receipt, and all on line message between my self and the seller.

Called them today and they advised the claim was denied as I wasn't the shipper. They had telephone numbers of all parties involved including shipper which they could have called. Told them that I was advised by Claims/ customer service that I could file the claim. Said someone must have made a mistake in telling me that.

They advised me that when they received a claims waiver from the shipper that they would reconsider my resubmitted claim.
Guess they think I will go away if they give me the run around. My first claim on damage so add another unhappy customer to Fed-ex list. frown GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI