Don't recall all the details, but I believe the original company was sold to someone else who tried all kinds of new stuff that didn't quite "get there". A few years back, someone else took over and trimmed the line and the company down a lot.

I bought an Ultra Lite in 2014 and it's first class in every way; sort of a ML Montana. Nothing cast, all made in the U.S. Some don't like the bolt action, but it works very well and ease of cleaning is not much of an issue with BH209. All in, with scope, it's less than 7lbs. I have yet to drop the hammer on anything with it, but my sons killed three deer the first season, including a big boy that went 172 dressed.

The price reflects the quality. I paid $700 for mine from Sportsmans Guide, who passed the order to Knight, who made the rifle to order and drop-shipped it to me. The small size of the staff means that it can take a while for orders to get filled.

Originally, I was going to get a Western ignition kit (caps) for my rifle, but caps cost more than primers and can be hard to find, so I'm just going to get a couple of spare breechplugs and call it good.

Last edited by Pappy348; 05/27/16.

What fresh Hell is this?