Originally Posted by KyWindageII
FYI Costco's Kirkland Bourbon is made by Buffalo Trace.

Good traditional bourbons generally come from the middle floors of the warehouse and are aged 7-9 years. That includes Buffalo Trace, Weller Reserve and Weller Antique.

Eagle Rare 10 has won more double gold medals than any other 10 yr old Bourbon.

Blantons is only 6 yrs old and tastes like it to me. Elmer T Lee (same mash bill) is slightly older and much better tasting.

Stagg Jr. Is the same mash bill as Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare but is aged a minimum of 12 years and bottled at barrel proof. My current bottle is 129.7 proof and I can open it up with a little water to my taste. Wonderful Bourbon.

Buffalo Trace, Brown Forman (Woodford Reserve, Old Forester) and Heaven Hill are all American owned. All the rest of the Kentucky distilleries are foreign owned.

Yes, I work for Buffalo Trace and I'm proud of it. Two of my ancestors owned distilleries in Anderson and Mercer Counties in the 19th century and my dad printed all of Jim Beam's labels from the 1940s through the 1970s.

Everyone's palate is different. The Bourbon you like is the Bourbon you like. Keep tasting!

Lots of good info here, thanks for posting. Buffaloe Trace is a great tour if you have some time.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington