Originally Posted by old_willys
Purchased my first Colt Light Rifle in 270 off of GB, seem like a good price so I JUMPED ON IT. I have a pair of Forbes 24B's that shoot great and hoping CLR version will shoot as good.

Have read write ups from several campfire members on having Melvin re-barrel their CLR'S and have a few questions.

I can GET a drop in stock from MELVIN for $450, if the .270 shoots great and I decided keep it what does a CLR weigh with a NULA Stock?

What calibers have others had their CLR re-barrel to? It would make a sweet 1:8 twist 6mm-06 or 240 WBY, or a 9.3x62 or ? Just looking for suggestions from those that have already completed their's as I plan a build.

Thanks

Haven't gotten around to having mine (06) done. Thought was originally to make it a 280, but then I bought a Ruger 77 in that caliber and that itch was scratched. Currently thinking 6mm Remington, but then I have a No.1V in that caliber.....

So, mine is still an 06. It shoots well, mostly. NEEDS a better trigger. When you get around to optics, definitely consider a Leupold 6x36 - it just fits.

I, too, have a Forbes - it shoots well also. Too bad they were to stoopid to make it.

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"