Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A lot of guys forget the age of their trailer tires. A 10 yo tire with only 1000 miles is just waiting to blow on the highway.

I drive truck for a living. Nothing pleasures m e more than seeing A-holes on their phone on holiday weekends with a blown boat/travel/car trailer tire. When haul ANY car trailer i don't leave without my mini floor jack and a battery operated impact. I blew a tire on a car trailer at the base of Mont Eagle a few years ago and was back sailing in 15 minutes. I have a friend in trailer repair and he charges $1'000's to people who don't ever have their bearings re-packed and burn spindles. I re-pack trailer bearings yearly and as said before never leave the house without a spare, floor jack and impact. It's your own damn fault if u don't maintain your trailers and their tires. "Hell i been backing this boat trailer in the water for 5 years and nothing has happened yet!" runs through my mind a lot when I see them. All u gotta do to make tires live is seriously put something like Black magic/Armor All on them or the like and keep them out of the sun (garage or cover them with anything) and they will live forever. let me tell you I believe it's a rule that if your family is sitting on the side of the road and u can't fix a tire issue you need to turn in your man card and I mean officially for a while. I couldn't imagine looking my wife in the face and telling her " I dunno"..... Over a tire issue on a trailer.

Last edited by k20350; 06/05/16.