I love southern jokes. i like texas jokes, but southern stereotypes are good.
I am married to a woman whos people came to texas in the 1840's. prior to that georgia.
I love to tease her about dueling banjo's and her relatives.
squeal like a pig.
now the day came when i was in a hospital waiting room while she was in taking care of her mother who was dieing, and the cousins walked in. All about 5ft five, shoulders about that wide, big meathooks/arms/all with boots and stetsons on, giving me the stinkeye, "who are you boy?" "oh you must be the one that married Anna Mae" i thought for a while i was gonna meet my maker that day. i kid her brother, since we have been married over 40 years now, at the 30 year mark he finally started talking to me, rather than one word sentences.
nobody down there has one name, it's roy bob, billy, jerry lee, jimmy lee, etc. I get confused at family gettothers.
Her great gramma was at atlanta when the yankee sherman burned it.
Small issue these days, maybe not so much at the time, my great grand relative was in shermans army when they burned atlanta.
makes for good discussions.

the funny part too is i was in some outlying rough part of arizona last fall with one of her grandson's, and had to explain to him what i meant when i said in that area a favorite expression was squeal like a pig. City boy.
i should say this is topic drift but it's funny to me. My family from those days looked like the hatfied and mccoys. Having run to virginia to escape hanging by the british, later at end of 1700's hawkins cty tennes., boonsborogh, kentucky and so on. Hillbilly comes to mind. And in a wide since we are interrelated to the boone family as one of mine married one of his daughters. So I figure i can make jokes about the relatives.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/07/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO