I don't own a Kimber yet but have had several 700's and 70's and just a few observations;

Owned a NH M70 Featherweight and functioning was flawless. Just plain worked. It shot well enough but many small quality details made it hard to live with. Chambering was 6.5x55. Much room in the long action box for COL latitude but a very sloppy chamber. Throat very deep. Fit and finish could be classified as fair. Would shoot about 1.25 with 140 Sierras, a little better with 120 Nosler BT's. Light on the front end made off hand a bit wobbly.

Currently own a 70 Super Grade BACO and the fit and finish are very, very good. The rifle has a very long throat, not even touching the lands with a 3.5 COL .300 mag. The magazine has been opened up to allow a longer COL and the bolt stop and ejector modified to accommodate the increase. Not had any problems with the follower but the rifle will stutter on occasion when operated hard and fast. The trigger, while not of the old design is very good on the model I have. No creep and breaks cleanly. Project is ongoing. Currently shoots about 1.25 with 208 Amax at 3.34.

M700 of about 1984 vintage. Fit and finish better than fair. Very long mag box gives a lot of flexibility. Rifle is currently on it's 3rd stock, 3rd scope, 2nd bottom metal and 3rd or 4th ring set. Barrel is original and by the feel of the cleaning rod quite worn although it appears shiny to the naked eye (i don't own a borescope). Functioning is good but it will stutter when ejecting dummy rounds from the chamber when operated hard and fast. Will shoot 208's into about 1.00 despite the wear and tear. 200 Partitions about 1.5. The trigger is the old dangerous design and while the pull weight is good has just a bit of creep that I can't adjust out.

I haven't handled an old SAKO or the newer Kimbers but would be interested to see how they compare in quality and precision.