Originally Posted by MojoHand
Probably been asked before but it IS Friday night...

Thought of asking for favorite live albums but expanded it to DVD performances or even a live show you've been to.

Some of my fave live albums:

Nine Tonight
Live Bullet -- Bob Seger and the boys

Live in Arnhem--Tina Turner (was a 60-something GRANNY! at the time)

SRV--about all of his shows on DVD. The growth from a little shy to guitar god is amazing and, with the exception of MAYBE Hendrix, I've never seen anyone more at one with his instrument.

Van Morrison's Montreux performance (1980, IIRC)--ol Van might be the one guy who could give Axl a run for his money on mercurial performances but he kicked ass with a great band on this one.

Hendrix--Band of Gypsys album. Killer tone and Jimi at his roots!

Clapton--Unplugged. Pure, true acoustic set. Lord, my buddy and I have played all those songs untold times out live...

Clapton--One More Rider (more on this one later)

Eagles Hell Freezes Over--missing Felder but still kicked ass. Possibly Eagles at their best.

Allman Bros At Fillmore East--dude, come on...it's the Allman Bros!

Queen Live Killers--Freddie and the guys. Certainly one of the most gifted bands--musically.

Springsteen--Live in Dublin--lot of good stuff on this album

I haven't been to a lot of concerts but two of my faves were both at Sun Valley. One with Keb' Mo solo and another with him and Bonnie Raitt. First one I was sitting on the grass about 20' from the stage. For you guitar guys, the second concert he had the best ES-335 Tone I have heard ANYWHERE on any album or live. Tried to see what amp he was using but couldn't make it out.

The one I didn't go to that I'll probably regret till I die is Clapton's One More Car, One More Rider tour. It was in Boise on a weeknight and I should've just tried to get off work and go--the album is awesome!

Best live shows I've seen were a few of the many Dead shows I went to, Sonic Youth in the early 90's, SRV, Zappa..... trying to think of my favorite live recordings and kinda blanking at the moment.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!