Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by RobJordan
I know this will piss some people off, but folks who think homosexuality is perfectly moral conduct have no basis to condemn this shooting except on purely subjective and idiosyncratic moral grounds. Flame away!

Jordan

"Man is a social animal, and no one can secure what is desirable for himself except in partnership with others. According to Aristotle, if a man had all the health, wealth, freedom and power that he desired, but lacked friends, he would not even wish to live. But the root of all friendships, as it is the ground of the existence of the species, is that of a man and a woman. As nature is the ground of morality, the distinction of the sexes is the ground of nature. Nature---which forbids us to eat or enslave out own kind---is that which has within it the principle of coming-into-being. Mankind as a whole is recognized by its generations, like a river which is one and the same while the ever-renewed cycles of birth and death flow on. But the generations are constituted---and can only be constituted---by the acts of generation arising from the conjunction of male and female. The root of all human relationships, the root of all morality, is nature, which itself is grounded in the generative distinction of male and female.....Abraham Lincoln once said that if slavery is not unjust, then nothing is unjust. With equal reason it can be said that if homosexuality is not unnatural, nothing is unnatural. And if nothing is unnatural then nothing---including slavery and genocide---is unjust"

Harry V. Jaffa, Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question.

I presume you started this thread in response to the massacre in Orlando. Beyond that, I can make little sense of your post. There is no justification for this horrific act of mass murder and terrorism.

Where did I ever state or imply that there was?

[/quote]

The Jaffa quote you posted is not only an example of a rhetorically incoheret argument plagued my numerous logical fallacies, particularly the naturalistic fallacy, it has absolutely nothing to do with the atrocity in Orlando. Rob Jordan, your post clearly evidences of your most insincere intentions. I had avoided responding to this thread, for fear of feeding a shameless troll. I pity you and the suffering you celebrate in others. [/quote]

Please prove that it is rhetorically and logically incoherent and plagued with fallacies, including the naturalistic fallacy. If the argument is correct, it has everything in the world to do with establishing a non-relative ground for condemning evil, of which mass killing is a prime example.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.