Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by powdr
The amount you guys spend for a tag wouldn't buy the gas a Texas guy spends going back and forth to their lease in the off season. powdr
Exactly the reason I'd never live in that shythole. People like to rag on those of us who live in NY because we have shytty politics and bad gun laws but I've hunted 41 seasons here, killed multiple deer every one of them and never spent a dime on lease/trespass fee's. Never will either. We have six million acres of public land and 10's of thousands of acres of it are within a 15 minute drive in any direction from my home. There are also still landowners here who will give permission to hunt for free. I have permission on 326 acres of private land just across the road from my house and another 148 acres 2 miles up the road. I have several more properties if I want to drive a ways but rarely do anymore as I don't have any trouble filling my tags right here at home. If you want to drive to NY in November I'll show you some places where you can set up camp and hunt till your hearts content.

Plus stupid property taxes, stupid people (see above) the the willingness to give YOUR money to people that want to destroy the Constitution.

Brilliant.
Stupid people are obviously abundant in the South too. Pay lower taxes but then have to fork over $2500.00 for a hunting lease where you're stuck on the same piece of property and probably even in the same few stands overlooking the same feeders day after day. How exciting.