Originally Posted by patbrennan
I may have a line on a 300 H&H that has been refinished, sights removed,stock refinished, etc. If it did not shoot well I'd look to rebarrel it, probably either to another 300 H&H or some 7 Mag. I have no practical use for a 375 but it would be a heck of a great base for one and it would be a nice moose rifle in grizzly country!

I like the way you think. Just a little tidbit on the H&H receiver. I've seen original receivers with original bluing sell for $1,000.00+. The most I've seen one sell for was $1,075.00. That was a complete receiver with bolt, trigger, bottom metal etc. You'll easily be able to find a good original 300 H&H barrel if you know the right people, but good luck finding an original 375 barrel and be warned that when you do find one, it will probably be re-chambered to 375 wby or 375 H&H AI. An original barrel with original sights will most likely cost around $1,000.00 with installation. However, you could always have a custom tube put on for less money. Your idea of turning it into a 375 H&H is perfectly acceptable and a great idea if you ever plan on going to Africa. If just sticking around NA, a good ol 300 H&H or 338 win mag is all you need for the big critters.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA