The scenario.... I come from a long line of war veterans... WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Desert Storm. I vividly remember sitting in my grandfathers lap shooting his Jap rifle he acquired while on Iwo Jima. So, we have a long history of shooting.
My grandson, who is now 8, finally expressed an interest in shooting. So, I called my cousin and off to the range we went. This was a big deal as the only prior shooting instruction he had was on his BB gun. He was very intentive, eagerly listened, and excited to boot. I am a stickler for safety. NO excuses. After all the instruction and practicing, we went to live fire of a Ruger 10/22, a Buckmark .22 and finally an AR. For an 8yr old, he listened very well. I could not of been more proud of him. Even other members of the club commended him on how well he did. His smiles are forever engraved in my memory. Now the problem.
When we got home he was so excited to tell his mother what he did and how much he learned and the fun he had. The poor little guy was met with outrage. Then I get it. My daughter seems to forget how she was raised. She never shared the interest in firearms unlike her younger sister. Firearms and hunting were always a way of life in the household. She chastised this poor child telling him he was too young and he should not be doing this at his age. She crushed his excitement.
So, how do I go about changing my daugters mind with out wringing her neck or shoving my boot up her Liberal ass?
Sam is a good boy. You can see by his expressions how much he enjoyed himself. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]