I hit the range today with some 6.5x55

After purchasing some rounds through copper creek that were maxing out at around 2500 fps, I decided it was time to begin reloading to see what I could squeeze out of my T3 Swede.

I worked up some rounds with virgin Lapua Brass, Berger VLD Hunting (140 grain), and RL 22.

Unfortunately even with the mild loads I was getting heavy bolt lift after the rounds were fired.

No issues chambering unfired rounds, no issues re-chambering fired brass, no flattening of primer, no other signs of pressure.

The bolt while heavy was not extreme so I cautiously worked my way up from 43.5 to 45.75 grains. As you would expect velocity steadily increased from 2465 to 2578 with (average of 3 rounds for each load). Still there were no other signs of pressure other than the heavy bolt and the bolt did not get heavier as I proceeded.

I decided to not go any further without checking headspace with go-no-go. I will have to buy those to run them through the paces. Until then I am hoping someone can give me some insight as to what else may be causing the issue.

Like I said, no issues chambering unfired rounds. No issues chambering fired brass. Just the heavy bolt after firing.

I worked them up at 3.123 which is .005 off the lands.

The unfired cases are 2.157 and after being fired they are 2.153.

Other than headspace, are there other things I should be looking at/considering?