Baitcasters are a cluster of great and junk all in the same price range. I use the old ambassaduer 1600s and 3600s, love them. I get them off ebay and hotrod them. I used to use the old green shimano curados but when they changed them i said screw it. I bought 3 ot 4 revos and loved them utill they changed them too. Now I just use a combo of 1600/3600 Abus, revos and I bought a lews last year. I like the lews just fine.

As far as shimano goes I think they went to $hit when they changed the old curados about the same time they changed their spinning reels that I was a huge fan of. Thats all I would use for years. Since then I havd bought a symetre, a saros and a stradic and the only one still smooth and functioning well is the saros. Im done with shimano cause im not paying 250 bucks for a spinning reel that a 99 dollar pflueger supreme can out preform for less money and longer. Screw shimano.

Last edited by seal_billy; 06/24/16.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner