The only casting reels I use are my original BB1 Lew's Speed Spoon bought in the 70s, and an arsenal of five Swedish made Ambassador 5500s, one 6500, and a 4500 that is now mounted above the spear hole as a decoy hanger in my dark house.

I can still get parts for my reels when needed, but despite heavy use, I have had very few problems with a few of them, and no problems with most of them.

My old glass Fenwick Lunker Stick casting rod is complete with braid for casting my beloved Bass-O-Reno plugs. I still catch everything on that setup, including pike, muskie, walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass.

My brother has all the new stuff, and while it seems very nice, I resist change when it comes to my memories and sporting equipment that continues to work. He certainly doesn't catch more fish than me.

One type of older reel I have a love/hate relationship with are the old Mitchell spinning reels. They are very nostalgic for me but the line has a tendency to get under the spool once in awhile. These are used now for simple vertical jig/bait fishing right alongside the boat for walleye and panfish.