It will come down to which model stock and how well it fits you. HS first came out with a stock that was a combo tactical/sporter/varmit rifle and that is where the clubby reputation comes from. It was made to take up to a #5 contour barrel. I have the SAKO model and like it. Not a light weight but good for Magnum rounds 300 and above. I like that the chasis makes it function as a take down if needed. The light weight they almost over did the reverse angle on the comb.

McMillan again will vary with style and how it fits you. I like all their classic styles. You will want to go standard or magnum fill and when you do the weight difference is not as great but the McMillan will still be a couple of ounces lighter.

Try before you buy if you can. It would be worth eating postage to try the stock first. This should be possible on the HS and maybe McMillan too if they had what you wanted in stock.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli