Gave son-in-Law #2 a Ruger Hawkeye .30-06 as a wedding present last year. We were never able to get it to shoot well with factory ammo, although it liked the 150g handloads I had developed for my other .30-06s.

A couple of weeks ago I took the plunge and bought an AcraGlas kit from Brownells. Today we took the rifle apart and bedded it using northern_dave's pictures in and narrative in this thread, along with the instructions in the kit.

No pictures but a big "Thank you" to northern_dave. Tomorrow we will get it to the range and see how it does with factory ammo and my handloads.

ALso ordered one of Ruger's new synthetic stocks for my Ruger Gunsite Scout to replace the laminate it came with. Should drop the weight 3/4 pound per Ruger and it has an aluminum bedding block and rear pillar. Might have to put the scope back on to see if the new stock tightens the groups any.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.