Thanks WS.
JBO- that's the exact one I'm thinking of getting. The chainsaw one weighs more and from what i am hearing the chain drive can get caught up in brush pretty easy, and gets the rope oily. Requires mixed gas.

Leanwolf - I have not found anyone that's able to respond soon enough when it's warm out for us bowhunters. The ones I've talked with usually want to come out a day or two later. Even if they were available right when we called, to trailer stock into where we hunt is close to a two hour drive. Not counting loading, unloading, outfitting the mules, the walk in and out, plus who knows what I'm concerned about spoilage and Grizzlies. I don't know what one would charge, but I'd suspect a couple or three elk and the cost of the equipment would be a wash.? I have not personally had a bear problem but talked to a neighbor who's friend walked in to carry a second load out and found one sitting on it.

We've usually been able to bone and haul one out within a a couple three hours or so. Later in the season when it's cool it wouldn't be an issue.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson