My load ... 250 grain SWC over 24 grains of Win 296. This combination, in nickel cases (Starline that say Midway on the headstamp) and WLP primers has been my woods roaming load for my Rugers for years.

When I picked up the S&W I took a box of this load to the range to sight in. Holy [bleep] that thing kicked. However, it shot good enough not to make coming up with a second load worth my time. I fire a shot or two now and then to confirm that it still goes bang and the sights haven't been bumped.

I didn't buy it to plink at cans or paper with. I bought it to keep things with teeth and claws at bay and maybe, possibly someday hunt with. In that context, this load, with the factory grips, is perfect.

I bet I don't put another 250 rounds through it in my lifetime. That's not the job I bought it for. I have Rugers for that.

When I'm backpacking I carry mine like 320Keith in an El Paso Saddlery tankerman's holster. I carry it in a Bianchi thumb break holster when I'm just roaming around with a beltless or high-belt day pack. I often carry that holster when I'm backpacking and switch when I make camp or head off to fish.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...