Originally Posted by Pappy348
Personal preference, but I've no use for a DM on a bolt action hunting rifle. It's not needed, and is just something to lose or go bad. Some guys love 'em, I suppose.

Could be wrong, but it's my impression that on some rifles, the feed lips are part of the magazine, which makes the action cheaper to make, but might be a problem when you decide to re-barrel to another cartridge, or change to a fixed mag. If you really want to try a DM, I'd suggest getting a kit for a regular rifle so you can switch back.

I don't like DBM either. Seems a lot here have "never had a problem" with a 700. I will be the only one here that has the balls to say I have had problems with them. The little pos they call an extractor is a joke, the trigger is a joke, J-lock (come the fu ck on) and the safety not locking the bolt is (yeah you guessed it): A joke. With this being said, the older Remington 700's were better than the later ones. Good luck with it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA