Originally Posted by TINCANBANDIT
You have my apologies.....you do know what you are doing.....

My caution was for the typical hobbyist who may not understand what they are getting into....

and yes my altitude here is just under 500ft, I usually blue around 275-290 degrees.

No offense taken, to any and all,...this is one of the FINEST pastimes going, the building / rebuilding of accurate rifles. It's in this realm of dialogue that REAL advances can be disseminated and good "dope" distributed. Humbly going on record to state that I've learned a whole lot here on this forum, and tend to read more than I post these days.

Funny vignette regarding the "two tone" effect that plugging the muzzle with a very concentric seal,...that being the finished product LOOKING as though it has been relined. I had two characters heatedly arguing about one of my rifles parked in a rack at a range, some years back,....one swearing up and down it was a re-line, the other yelling back that I'd just told him the week before that I only did .22 liners ( and at the time that was all I DID do).
That all-thread an O-ring set up is used here for rust bluing, as well.
Man, you do NOT want to get THAT crap into your barrel !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain