Steelhead, I agree with you about the white liberal yankees to an extent. I think you're correct when it comes to most of the states in New England.

However, in states like PA, MD, and VA, we are more dictated by the blacks that live in the urban areas. We do have our share of white libs that live just outside of the big cities in the suburban areas too. So the white libs, conjoined with the blacks in those areas, are what makes states like this one blue. And believe me, we have a lot of liberal blacks in the cities and suburban areas. If those people stay home because they're not jazzed up over their candidate, Trump can win those states. We saw this in 2014 when we elected our current governor.

I know and deal with a lot of people in both VA and PA also. I know for a fact that those states, as well as MD, are geographically red. But we're out numbered by the libs in and around the big cities and the vast majority of them are black.

So back to my earlier comments, what I was getting at, is that if the inner-city blacks stay home, and the more conservative blacks from the country, swing towards Trump, Trump can win those states like MD, VA, and PA.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 07/23/16.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan