Originally Posted by gophergunner
I never thought I'd be enjoying an AR, but I have to say these things are just plain addicting. Second time at the range today. It's an entry level gun- a Palmetto lower with a 16" Palmetto upper. I can't believe how simple these guns are. I'm going to try building one, and I believe as long as I pick up the right tools, and scrutinize the You Tube videos, I'll have little trouble putting one together from the ground up.

The wife and I went to an indoor range today. Shot a couple handguns and the AR. It's high at 50 yards. I came home and ordered a sight adjusting tool through Wal-Mart from Wheeler Mfg. and should have the elevation issue fixed shortly. I've tried all the magazines I picked up for the rifle-not a single hiccup. I think I am going to get a magazine loading tool just to make that project a little easier.

Man, I like these guns. Can anyone suggest a good factory load for hunting deer with these rifles. I plan on picking up a 5 rnd. magazine and getting a scope on top of this gun by fall.

Sounds pretty cool.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA