Originally Posted by Savage_99
Originally Posted by 308cal
[/color]This will be a hunting rifle[color:#FF6666], and I am sentimental to rifles, so I will most likely never sale it. I am not necessarily building it on a budget, I have just wheeled and dealed my way into some inexpensive components for it. I will get it blueprinted, because someone pointed out to me that although the older 700s like this one have better quality metal, they are not as straight as some of the newer rifles. I got the bolt, not for fear of losing the handle, but because I could buy a larger bolt body, to tighten up the tolerances and get rid of some of the slop like the old bolt had. It has taken a while to put all the parts together, but I have not been in a hurry, and as I said before, I have wheeled and dealed. As of right now my total investment before any gunsmithing, in the 700 action, Jewell trigger, McMillan stock, and VX-6 3-18x44 is a whopping $14.40.

Since it's a 'Hunting Rifle' and not a target gun then consider an action design that's made for hunting with CRF and a three position M70 type safety that secures the firing pin.

I use Rem's for target with my 40X's and Hepburn however the mauser/M70 type are for hunting and defense.

I will look for a pic. of a jammed push feed!

It won't be your picture, because you don't actually do anything.

As for your advice on "hunting"; you might as well offer advice on flying to the moon - because you don't do either and that's well known.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.