Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Give me the pros/cons of MLok versus KeyMod handrail holes.

Is one faster, more secure, lighter, easier on the hands???

Is one emerging as the new "standard" for accessories?

I look at it as a personal "boots and backpacks" type preference thing. As a logistical, cost effective, bang for the buck, marketing and supply thing,.....the magpul mlok is a great idea. Box store to large supply volume for big purchase orders, and use of plastic stuff, it's a WIN, WIN.

For an individual, quality, design thing, where higher manufacturing costs can be absorbed by a niche market,....the keymod is outstanding. Long gone are the huge and ugly quad rail crap that have the circumference of a football.

On the keymod portion of the rail, at most, I'm only running a scout light mount, a forward qd mount, and a small hand stop. I have no need to stack a bunch of stuff, and nothing I'm using is available box store. I fit into the niche market. For this individual need, I prefer my keymod vs mlok, though my favorite manufacturer, KAC, makes both.

If I were not running a KAC gas system with their keymod as a first choice, I'd likely run a BCM keymod as a second choice.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood