Nice fox pics! I saw one early last Sunday morning, I was fishing one bank of the Eagle River and he was making his rounds on the other bank. Wish I'd had a camera.

Had a few close encounters with bears. One time I was working my way up a brushy ravine, bowhunting elk. Heard something thrashing up above me, thought it must be a bull raking trees so I started cow calling. The "bull" went silent, and just about the time I gave up on calling and starting moving up towards him, here comes a cinnamon bear trotting right at me. I yelled and he pulled up short at about 30 yards, turned to the side and walked off very stiff-legged and slowly, his body language conveying the message that he was not afraid of me. Maybe he thought I got to "his" cow before he could.

Later on in that same hunt when I finally did arrow a bull, a big blackie got to him before I did in some really thick oak brush and started to chow down. Luckily for me he only had time to remove what the DOW calls "evidence of sex, naturally attached." I was a little worried about explaining that to a warden so took lots of pics but never got checked.

Another time we were packing meat out and stashed a quarter up on a big rock. When we got back to retrieve it a pine marten had laid claim to it. He was perched right on top of it baring his teeth and wouldn't budge until we pelted him with a few small rocks. Must've thought he'd hit the jackpot. Those things are tenacious, good thing they don't get very big.

The saddest encounter was one early morning on an elk hunt. I was working my way down a game trail and saw a mulie fawn laying down under a tree, right on the trail. As I got closer it didn't move so I knew something was wrong. It was dead, but not cold yet. I kept moving down the trail and was not too far past the fawn when I heard a doe bleating. She was coming down the trail from the opposite direction, calling to her fawn.

A wise man is frequently humbled.