Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I'm going to need four new M&S tires for my 98 Dodge Ram 2500 before hunting season.

I haul a 1500 # camper, and a 3 horse slant mule trailer that weighs about 6500 # loaded.Truck weighs about 7500#. I have a load leveler hitch. About 15.5K # total.

I am presently running Goodyear Duratracks M&S 8 Ply,but the side walls are too soft even at 75 pounds pressure.

Your problems isn't the Duratracks, it's that you're running a load range D tire (8 ply) on a truck that came with E's (10 ply).

I've got a 98 dodge 2500 diesel, it came with E's and I've always put them back on there. Never had a problem.

A friend has a 2000 dodge 2500 diesel and when he wore out his factory tires he tried to go cheap with D's. I told him not to but the tire guy said it'd work fine, he didn't listen to me and put the D's on anyway. He couldn't get them off quick enough, they wallowed all over the place pulling his horse trailer.

Put some 10 plys on there.

I am running "E"'s for the Duratracks. I mispoke when I typed 8 ply.They are indeed 10 ply.I checked yesterday to make sure that wasn't my problem.

I figured that was the case. I'm even running 10 ply (load range E) duratracs on my 1/2 ton GMC...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA