Originally Posted by coryj
Here's mine after surgery. I broke it on August 27, 2013 and still made the Virginia archery opener that year so there's hope for your hunting season.

I asked the surgeon if he ran out of short screws since some of them go the whole way through. He just laughed and never gave me an answer.

[Linked Image]

That sorta' behavior on the part of these annointed high priest "experts" pisses me off no end,...and I hope like hell that those overlong screws don't give problems, down the line.

Years back when all this "artificial joint" replacement was brand spankety new, I had the not so pleasant task of looking at some X rays of a hip joint butchery that had over long screws rubbing up through a pelvic girdle, into an old friend's lower bowel.

Peritonitis killed him.

They were not round headed, like the ones that appear in your pics, either.

Once a half decent surgeon got all the affected area opened up, I'd WAY sooner have somebody like Northern Dave on the tools, than some of these clowns.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain