The Fastfire III model has replaced the friction adjustments and locking screws of the II model with click adjustments that are pretty consistent and repeatable on my sample of one. Also, you can replace the battery without taking the sight off of the firearm.

[Linked Image]

Never put one on a Winchester 94 but had one on a Marlin 1894 for a while. The Burris mounts are made for the 336/1895 frame where it fits nicely as can be seen in the pic of the Guide Gun above but on the 1894 receiver you have to use the two front holes or it hangs over the back edge. I assume that won't be the case if you use the normal scope mounting holes on a Winchester. That's a Fastfire II in this older picture but a III would look just the same.

I liked it a lot in this application. Just put the bead on the target and shoot.

[Linked Image]

Just for the fun of it I put my III on the front scope mount of a Ruger 77 .308. It's pretty easy to whang the heck out of a steel plate at 200 yards with it. The 3 MOA dot centers the 12" (6 MOA) target perfectly at that range - just put the dot on the target and fire away.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!