Jeff;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust you're all keeping cool enough in the latest warm spell.

We went through what you're experiencing last fall and as I type she's packing her stuff up again as her Mom will be taking her to university in Victoria on Vancouver Island tomorrow.

I'd be driving down too like I did last year, but we're classic "sandwich" folks and I'm taking my Mom in for day surgery in another direction tomorrow so I get to switch from parent to offspring role instead.

There's a couple things that strike me as ironic in the whole parenting thing, the first of which is the fact we train them for freedom pretty much from the offset, all the while dreading the day it arrives.

The other is of course how much faster the ride has been than I thought it would be. I can't articulate why I'd believed it might be a bit slower than it's proven to be - but for us emphatically it hasn't.

Anyway all the best to you all and the rest of the parents taking their kids to various places away from home in the next couple of weeks. Good luck in the upcoming hunting season as well.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/21/16.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"