Originally Posted by gmoats
Interesting article
http://www.buildingshooters.com/Blog-Post-008-08-14-2016.html

"...You can realistically expect to teach most students any of these gripping techniques and, if you teach the technique right, produce a superb shooter, capable of performing to virtually any operational level required for self-defense (competition may be somewhat different because of the incredible levels of technical skill performance required). However, if you try to teach all three techniques, and leave the technique selection up to the individual, the actual act of teaching and trying multiple techniques that occupy the same neural space in short-term memory actually prohibits the student from being able to effectively learn any of the individual techniques—and corrupts the data file in the student's brain that corresponds to gripping a handgun."

I understand what he's trying to say and have heard the neural pathway arguments before, but they really seem to fly in the face of what actually happens with people.

If those "data files" are so hard to erase then how are top shooters, who have hundreds of thousands of data files on a particular skill, ever able to change what they're doing to improve?

I dunno. I'm just a scrub trying to figure it all out myself.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling