Way back in 1973, I shot a few big Nevada Mule deer with 130 gr. Winchester PP's and Remington Core Lokts. Didn't much care for the excess meat damage and went to reloads with 150 gr. bullets. One day at my local LGS I got a good deal on some 150 gr. 30 caliber and 150 gr. 7MM Power points. The 30's shot real good in a .308 but had problems getting the 7MMs to give good groups in my 7x57.
I did section a couple of each and the jackets were surprisingly thicker that the Sierra's and Speer's I'd been using.
I only use two bullets anymore in the .270. The Sierra 150 gr. Game King and the 150 gr. Nobler Partition. Both loads use the same charge and mixed up all stay within one inch or less.
One of my good friend and hunting partners using the 150 gr. Game King in the .270 and .270 WSM for elk. Worked just find from both rifles.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE