Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
What is the ROT of the .223s? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I rode down to Whittaker's today, just to get out of the house, and to hit up Moonlite BBQ.

I liked the action heaps, but not the stock, so I'm sitting on my hands waiting on whether or not the twist rate is fast enough. I've seen Mtn. Boomer's stock re-works, which looked pretty good, so that's manageable.

I've got enough rifles, but I kinda liked the two .223s, maybe enough to buy one, but the ROT is the factor.

Sorry I missed you! I ran in this morning for a bit, but left around 10:30. I had lots to do around the house. I'm usually not around all day on Saturday this time of year.

I took the wife along, under the guise of going to Moonlite. She's been after me to go to a good BBQ joint for awhile, so we took the ride down your way.
"Hey honey, since we're already here, we might as well go down the road a bit further and check out that gunshop I like so much". grin
We work nights, and had barely got on the road by 10:30, we'd only got to bed about 6AM. Working nights ain't gittin' it. I might skip sleeping altogether and run back down there next weekend.

I'm pretty .223'd out, but I guess another one wouldn't eat me out of house and home. A nice lightweight .223 ain't gonna hurt anything. I've swapped off/given away all but two of my heavy guns, since I quit P-doggin', but a lightweight is always kinda nice to have around.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.