OK. Here we go!

Four categories:

1) Any pre-1960 .22RF built under the Savage Corporation umbrella (to include Stevens post-1920 merger with Savage), original barrel/stock/trigger (cosmetic alterations ok), any sights (factory iron, aftermarket iron, scope, laser, red dot, etc.)- 50 yards, any rest. Target: official NRA 50 yard small bore. Course of fire: 5 shots on five separate bullseyes, for group. Smallest 5-shot group out of the five targets counts as your score.

2) Any pre-1960 Savage .22RF (per above), factory sights only- 25 yards offhand. Target: official NRA 75 foot small bore. 5 shots on five separate bullseyes, for score. Highest score of the five counts as your score.

3) Any Post-1960 Savage/Stevens branded .22 RF rifle, any sights (per above)- 50 yards, any rest. Same 50 yard NRA target. Same scoring as with (1) above

4) Any pre-1960 .22 centerfire (M1899/99 .22HP's, M19/M23 .22 Hornet's, etc.), any rest- 50 yards open sights, or 100 yards scoped. 50 yard NRA target. Ammunition: shooter's choice. Same scoring (group size) as (1) above.

I ordered the targets from the National Target Company. The minute they get here I'll announce it, and the match begins.

Length of time: 30 days from announcement of target arrival.

Protocols:

A) No re-entry. One set of five bullseyes per entrant, per category. You may enter as many of the categories as you wish.

B) Target scoring is on the honor system. Photographic proof is encouraged. We're all friends here- if we can't trust each other we are doomed. Pics are within everyone's means these days, and are fun to view. If you can't manage pics, return the targets to me and I'll post them for you.

Cost: $6, which should (I hope!) cover the cost of the targets and postage- for one category or all four if you enter them. Flat fee. If I mis-calculated something and I go deeply in the hole, I'll pass the hat later. Little over-runs I'll just eat. PM me for my address, PM yours. Payment via check, MO, Paypal gift (preferred), bags of nickels, Confederate money, dead possums- all ok.

Prizes: A "laurel, and hardy handshake". (Movie that's from? grin )

Let's keep this simple and fun, fellas. Let's show the world what our old treasures can do!

Last edited by gnoahhh; 08/29/16.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty