Joe and I had a blast yesterday. (Well, a pop anyway- it was all .22 rimfire noise.)

Joe, hard at work:

[Linked Image]

My best 50 yard benchrest target, M19-33 NRA, 10x Litschert scope:

[Linked Image]

My best 25 yard offhand open sights, pre-1960. 1948 vintage M87 Stevens:

[Linked Image]

There was little wind, clear skies, and temps in the 70's. The biggest distraction was a herd of cows that were curious as heck about what we were doing in their pasture. One knocked my mirror askew and stuck her head in the open window of my truck. We both went home with cowshit-caked tires, and one of us with the same stuff plastered to a shoe sole. Ahem. (It wasn't me.)

Those of you who know me won't be surprised to learn that my offhand match shooting days are behind me. Arthritis in the back and neck preclude that. But by golly I did it, and had fun. I stood up to the line with the magazine tube stuffed with 15 cartridges, rapped them out lickity split, re-charged the tube with ten more and completed that relay in about 10 seconds! I used that particular rifle because, well, Gramps would have smiled at it.

Joe, I don't have pics of your 50 yard bench target with the M1919. If you don't, may I suggest you dig out your target and snap a pic of it.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty