I have the Swarovski PH 1.5-6x42 on my DG rifles (.416 and .375) with crosshairs, and an illuminated circle with red dot reticles. They have served me well, but are no longer in production. I have also employed the Swarovski Z6i 1.7-10 x 42 with the same reticle with good results. The lower power of the magnification range is far more important than the upper power when hunting buff. The illumination really stands out, considering the hide of the buff is basically black. i highly recommend an illuminated reticle.

While I have never personally used the 1.5-5x20 VX3, it has an excellent reputation and is, I believe, available with an illuminated reticle. If you consider the Swaro too bulky or too expensive, the VX3 will do just fine. By comparison, I would expect the Swaro to provide a better image in low light conditions. If leopard is on the menu during the same hunt, I would definitely choose the Swaro if you intend to hunt leopard as well.

Give the Meopta line a look. They used to make a 1.5-6x42 with an illuminated reticle and 30mm tube at a "reasonable" price. I don't know if it's still in production, but I have some experience with Meopta optics and they are first rate.

Do not neglect the mounts! You need QD mounts so you can use your iron sights if need be. I have tried multiple varieties of QD mounts and have settled on the Recknagel mounts from Germany as my first preference.

Enjoy your hunt!