Originally Posted by jorgeI
The HD (or #$) really help in that regard, Mike. I'd take the 32mm all day long over the 20

This past spring, very late in the evening, I crept up on a feeder that had a young pig near it. I was a little over twenty yards away, but because I was kneeling on the ground in the shadows, and the black pig was rooting in front of some palmetto, all I could see were the tan edges of his ears moving. Had I been in the stand, fifteen feet in the air, there probably would have been enough ambient light flowing into the 20mm objective to have taken a shot, but in the shadows I simply couldn't make out exactly what part of the pig I was looking at. So I passed. I was carrying Ingwe's old "big rifle" with the VX3 1.5-5 HD duplex that I put on it. A little more objective, as well as (hopefully) Leupold's new low light lens coating, and I might have had enough definition to take the shot. My only indecision right now is whether or not to have an HD or G4 reticle installed on the 1.75-6x32 when it arrives. I'll need to make up my mind soon, though, as I expect the scope will be here sometime next week.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown