Originally Posted by butchlambert1

My scope reticle cells only have the screws that hold then in place in the scope tube. The wires are not held by screws in mine.
Nitrogen filled?? How about nitrogen purged.

My reticle wire in the Litschert I'm dealing with is held in place by screws- little #0's, or smaller. The wire simply wraps around the screws and is held captive by the screw heads when tightened. I pulled the collar out of the tube but in retrospect it might have been easier to replace the wires with it left in situ. Same exact setup in my Fecker. The collar is right at the back end of the scope tube easily accessible by unscrewing the ocular lens.

Near as I can tell, the screws are slightly offset to allow for the diameter of the screw shanks when wrapping the wire around them. At any rate, when done the wires are square and perpendicular to each other.

First mistake: removing the screws entirely. Should have left them sticking in their holes. Getting them started into their holes was ticklish, at best. I'm really glad I took the precaution of making a dam out of a piece of white paper on which to work.

Once I figured out that using two of my tiny fly tying spring loaded tweezers to hold the ends of the wire while manipulating it I was home free. Second life saver was my magnifying goggles. Couldn't have done it without them.

The last bit of trickiness was getting the collar back into the tube and lining up its anchor screw. Broke one of the new wires and had to re-do it.

As for filling/purging with nitrogen (what's the difference? beats me.), these scopes never had it. Possibly later Unertl's had it, I don't know (but I doubt it). With the Litschert's sliding objective bell (for parallax correction) there's no way to make it air tight. Ditto on the Fecker with its sliding erector lens parallax adjustment collar in the middle of the scope tube.

I tried taking pics but my camera doesn't focus close enough to get good detail.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 09/01/16.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty