Originally Posted by Gus
i found some Stingers at academy the other day. they were pricey but i went ahead and bought them. it's just paper, afterall.

velocitors by cci is my choice. but what good is a choice if the display cabinet is empty?

I saw Velocitors at a LGS last Saturday - first time I had seen them in years. I bought one box of 50 for $8.99.

I made up for that this afternoon at the Academy Sports store that opened today. They had sent me a $10 coupon in the mail last week. I walked in the store with the coupon in my pocket and the loud mouthed 'greeter' hollered "WELCOME TO ACADEMY, SIR! WOULD YOU LIKE A SALE FLIER AND. $10 COUPON?!! Why yes, thank you! I bought the last box of Federal AutoMatch they had and took it to the car. Walked back in with my other coupon and bought a 300 pack of CCI 36 grain HP with it.

325 rounds Federal AutoMatch........$9.81 out the door
300 CCI 36 gr HP.............................$16.35 out the door

I considered walking in to the store a third time and trying for another coupon from the loudmouth at the front doors, but decided to be happy with the deal I got and leave some for other folks.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel