Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by JGRaider
So one of our local WM's has both the '06 and .243 in stock. How do these things function and shoot? Not usually a fan of lightweight rifles, and these feel pretty light to me. I could probably get over most shortcomings at that price, except for accuracy issues I guess.

Their weak points are the magazine... which suck.

Even at that price, I'd cough up the extra $129 and be buying a Howa from Whittakers.....that would be $129 well spent, and also be supporting a Campfire member's business vs "WE Don't Give a Damn "Wally Mart.....

Ruger Americans are to Rifles as the Simmons are to rifle scopes.

Except for the fact that Rugers are made in the USA by a company with excellent customer service as opposed to made in Japan, China, and the Philippines, like Howa and Simmons.

Well then since they are American made and we could put a man on the moon in a decade 47 years ago, why can Ruger make a damned working magazine for them? or is that too much to ask..

I'm not going to buy a POS just because it American made...nor am I going to deal with a rifle that you have to remove the mag after each shot, to load another round in the rifle.....

I have multiple other 223s that work just fine, along with 243s, 22.250s, 260sd, 270s, 30/06s

I just think it is funny, the campfire loves a cheap rifle, yet hates a cheap scoope.....

The one Ruger American I kept is a 223 Predator, which is accurate, but being a single shot affair, rules it out of being any serious hunting rifle.......

What are you hunting with a 223 that would require a quick follow up shot? The magazines being shipped out now are still pretty cheap feeling, but much more reliable than the first run. Call Ruger, they'll probably send you a new one for free.

I digest a lot of information on the net. It's rare that an American has a magazine issue anymore and it's rarer yet that they don't shoot MOA.