Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Texczech
Just left with a 243 a few minutes ago. Manager didnt know about it until I asked him to scan it. Still had 2 30-06s when I left. They also had 2 marlin 45-70 priced 589 on the shelf that scanned 299.

So, if they are in stock, but not sale priced, when they scan it will the sale price show up, or what?
Each store has to do these price changes at the store level. The price changes are not automatically done in the computer. If no one retagged the guns in the rack, and no one told the clerk on duty, or the mgr. for that matter, they might not have known.

That may be the case sometimes, but the clerk at the store where I bought mine told me the markdowns were done in the corporate system. I was a manager at Academy Sports for awhile, and that's the way they did theirs too. It's up to the stores to make the shelf tag that reflects the discount. I can go into the Academy store near me and buy a Daiwa Saltist reel that is marked $329 for $198. They have been marked down in the system for a long time. It's up to the clerks at the stores to pour over the markdown printout and put the new shelf tag or price tag in place. I score some great deals armed with that knowledge.